Test your english - I


Look at this. Verb "to be":

I am Mike. = My name is Mike.
You are Valerie. = Your name is Valerie.
He is Bruce. = His name is Bruce.
She is Helen. = Her name is Helen.
It is a monument. Its name is the Pyramid.
We are the Smith family. = Our name is Smith.
You are the Smith family. = Your name is Smith.
They are Mr. and Mrs. Smith. = Thier name is Smith.
Observe os verbos no diálogo abaixo:

A: Hello! My name is Nancy Brown. What is ('s) your name?
B: Hi. I am ('m) Karla.
A: Are you new here?
B: Yes, this is my first trip to the States. I arrived two days ago.
A: And why did you come to the States?
B: I came to the States as an exchange student. I plan to improve my English. I'll beliving with the Perrys for six months.
A: That's great! I hope you enjoy your stay here.
B: Thanks.
Outros verbos:
Simple Present
Form: [VERB] + s/es in third person

Positive
I run.
You run.
He run.
They run.
He runs.
She runs.
It runs.
Negative
I do not run.
You do not run.
We do not run.
They do not run.
He does not run.
She does not run.
It does not run.
Interrogative
Do I run?
Do you run?
Do we run?
Do they run?
Does he run?
Does she run?
Does it run?
.
Examples:
You speak English./ Do you speak English? /You do not speak English
I play tennis./She does not play tennis./Does he play tennis?
The train leaves every morning at 8 AM.
The train does not leave at 9 AM.
.
Learn more:

0 comentários: